FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular adding unwanted shading/opacity fall-off to particles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier Bonet
Particular adding unwanted shading/opacity fall-off to particles
on Jul 24, 2018 at 12:09:12 pm
Last Edited By Xavier Bonet on Jul 24, 2018 at 12:20:09 pm

So I'm trying to create some confetti using Particular (actually using the "confetti" preset and tweaking a couple of values) and I don't want any shading at all, so I haven't toggled any shading options on, but I'm still getting this:

and I don't quite know what is controlling this sort of ramping to black or opacity fall-off. It does seem as if it's acting as shadows, as if I had a light source. But sometimes it seems as if the black is actually a matte being used to, eventually, render an opacity fall-off. For instance, if I try adding a fill over the particle layer, so as to avoid these "shadows", the result is that the confetti has no more black but it fades-off, like so:

Now, I'm trying to go for a flat look, no shading at all, just the color in 2D. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Particular adding unwanted shading/opacity fall-off to particles
on Jul 24, 2018 at 12:43:38 pm

When you select the confetti preset, particular creates a layer in your composition called "Particular Sprite Master". That is a movie of a shaded rectangle spinning. Change that to a flat rectangle spinning and you'll get what you want.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Xavier Bonet
on Jul 24, 2018 at 1:00:58 pm

Oh, great! Thanks a lot, Cassius! I had no idea this preset inserted a video layer into the comp (it's the first time I use the preset... any preset, in fact; usually I configure Particular from scratch myself but I was in a great hurry today!), and because I have 49 layers in my comp, I completely missed that extra one being created at the bottom! In the end, before I read your response, I ended up making a confetti comp of my own with an animated piece of confetti and then just using the Sprite particle type and selecting my animation as the texture. Sort of what I would've had to do anyway, as per your answer. So thanks again!

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Jul 24, 2018 at 1:31:40 pm

good to know you sorted it out. I just have no idea why the fill you applied had that opacity ramp, because mine here worked as expected. flat red by default. You were missing something...

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]