FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transform adjustment layer appears pixelated upon zoom with a vector.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Jensen
Transform adjustment layer appears pixelated upon zoom with a vector.
on Jul 21, 2018 at 8:44:26 pm

I have several vector pdfs that are outputted from illustrator which I have in after effects. I want to create a zoom in effect on these objects. I created an adjustment layer which I added a 500% zoom transform to which zooms in my objects below. The trouble is that the objects show up pixelated even though their continuously rasterize buttons are selected. I don't see this pixelation if I just zoom the assets individually. Does anyone know why this happens? My adjustment layer also has continuously rasterize selected.

Here is a screen shot where I show the dinosaur tail as a result from the zoom transformation and a separate copy of the same vector object where I just manually zoomed it. You should be able to see the pixelated and non-pixelated details of the tails in the layer panel down below.

https://imgur.com/a/Oo7oADc (Sorry for the imgur link, I can't get the file upload functionality to work on creativecow).

Return to posts index

Max Power
Re: Transform adjustment layer appears pixelated upon zoom with a vector.
on Jul 21, 2018 at 11:44:11 pm

Hi

a couple things to try.

use a camera instead of an adjustment layer.
use a .ai file not a pdf
Make sure that continuously raster is on for each layer.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Transform adjustment layer appears pixelated upon zoom with a vector.
on Jul 22, 2018 at 2:50:10 am

Adjustment layers work by creating a composite of all the layers below them, then manipulating the composite as if it were a single layer. When you use a Transform effect on an adjustment layer, Ae renders all the layers beneath it at the comp's resolution, then applies Transform to that as if it were any other footage item.

As Max suggests, you could use a camera and make the layers 3D. You could also add a Null layer, make all the other layers children of the Null (using the parenting pickwhip), then scale the null (with the native Scale property, NOT with the Transform effect).

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]