FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mask Tool won't go away

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steven berkani
Mask Tool won't go away
on Jul 20, 2018 at 12:31:12 pm

When I started working on my project, I had no issue. I then went from using my mask tool to the move tool. It won't work. It seems that it's stuck on the mask tool, even though the move tool is selected. When I drag out my mask, my move tool becomes active. I then try and delete the mask. It deletes the layer instead. I'm not what to do from here, but any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Return to posts index

David Byrne
Re: Mask Tool won't go away
on Jul 20, 2018 at 12:38:50 pm

I'm not sure exactly if the issue you are having is to do with mouse / pen / touchpad interface, a lag with after effects or user error - however -

Select your layer (Number of layer on Keyboard numpad or just with mouse) and press M to reveal any masks, you can delete, select and unselect them within the timeline rather than the composition window. You can also do this by selecting your mask in the composition window too. Pressing M reveals the Mask. Pressing MM reveals its properties.

Press F2 to unselect everything if you need to access the Move tool. Press V on Keyboard to access move tool and G to access pen tool. Pressing Q cycles through the defined Mask Shapes (Rectangle, Circle, Star etc).

Definitely get used to using Keyboard shortcuts, they will save you hours of work on every project.

Cheers!
David Byrne
Animo Motion Graphics
Freelancer, UK

Return to posts index

steven berkani
on Jul 20, 2018 at 4:00:31 pm

I'm using a touchpad. I'm working with a pre-comp layer.

Return to posts index

steven berkani
on Jul 20, 2018 at 4:11:00 pm

When I attempt to undo my mask selection, it will not undo. However, when I open up my pre-comp layer, I'm able to use the move tool again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]