FORUMS: list search recent posts

grindhouse

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
babis tsou
grindhouse
on Jul 20, 2018 at 8:30:07 am

hi guys, how is the effect in 0:25 created?

Return to posts index

David Byrne
Re: grindhouse
on Jul 20, 2018 at 11:53:47 am

There are a few things going on - the footage has been time remapped to freeze frame, the guy has been cut out of the backgorund, and been desaturated (Tint).
Then the footage has been turned into a 3D layer. A camera has been added to the scene and either has been animated to move forward or the footage has been animated to move to camera, as some background layers move back. The background has been changed to the red painted look and then some paint stroke layers have been added in at different Z space to give some parallaxing with the footage.

This is quite basic After Effects stuff, and to get to this look you would be better trying to learn the basics and then build up to this, which you should be able to achieve quite quickly if you are patient enough to get stuck into learning and following tutorials and practise, practise, practise!

A good starting point is here at Video CoPilots Basic Training.

Following on from which there are tons of great tutorials out there on this site, Red Giant, Video CoPilot to name just a few.

All the best with it, and if you get stuck - well, you've come to a great place which has helped me and many others over the years.

Cheers!
David Byrne
Animo Motion Graphics
Freelancer, UK

Return to posts index

babis tsou
on Jul 20, 2018 at 4:05:43 pm

thank u very much my friend

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jul 20, 2018 at 5:03:21 pm

If that's the look you are after, wouldn't a better starting point be the actual project for that movie? That's a videoHive template file you can buy. All the layering and effects are spread out for you in the project so you can see how it was done. From there you can alter it to suit your needs or just using it as a teaching tool and then create your own from scratch.
(I am not affiliated with VH)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]