FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange 3d camera issue in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Venezia
Strange 3d camera issue in After Effects
on Jul 18, 2018 at 11:02:30 pm

I am having a strange issue when I move the 3D camera with the camera tool in After Effects CC 2018. I have done this a million times before in previous versions of After Effects. The problem occurs when moving the camera in the Active Camera viewport with the camera tool. The camera keeps gliding for a while after I release the mouse. I am hoping that this is a simple fix. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Return to posts index

Bjorn Peters
Re: Strange 3d camera issue in After Effects
on Jul 25, 2018 at 10:00:49 am

Can you add a example of it? Screen recording of the problem maybe?

Bjorn

Return to posts index

Tony Venezia
on Jul 25, 2018 at 12:33:37 pm

Hi Bjorn,

Thanks for responding. In the uploaded video each time you see the cursor stop I completely removed my hand from the mouse.

Return to posts index

Bjorn Peters
on Jul 25, 2018 at 1:21:11 pm

Hmm weird, and if you don't animate it with your camera, but parent the camera to a 3D null object do you have the same issue?

Bjorn

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jul 25, 2018 at 4:07:31 pm

I wonder if the project just so processor intense that either the mouse isn't updating on screen properly (but the values for a farther distance are being recorded from the mouse) or that the mouse release is getting lost in the shuffle of higher priority routines.

If you have a bunch of paint strokes on a layer and try and move them all in time they will keep moving long after you have let go of the mouse. It might be the same problem but because you get to see the view through the camera in yours, it looks like camera drift.

Try it in wire cage mode and in lower resolutions and see if that makes a difference. Try also moving the camera with the position values (drag the value)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]