FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving projected light rays

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathaniel Barr
Moving projected light rays
on Jul 18, 2018 at 4:26:51 am
Last Edited By Nathaniel Barr on Jul 18, 2018 at 4:29:53 am

Hello, I wanted to ask how to create light rays from a central point that follow projected elements like this.

Mainly, I want to create a graphic equalizer and have the light rays somewhat follow the rises and dips of that equalizer along with other elements I have in the scene.

Return to posts index

David Byrne
Re: Moving projected light rays
on Jul 18, 2018 at 12:56:46 pm
Last Edited By David Byrne on Jul 18, 2018 at 1:01:52 pm

Hi there

Andrew Kramer talks about this here:

And Red Giant have a plugin that should cover you, if you want to buy it here

Though it will certainly be possible to create this effect using built in tools, it will take a bit longer to figure out -

There was some talk about this effect a while ago on these forums...

Do let us know how you get on if you decide to do this with built in effects!

Cheers!
David Byrne
Animo Motion Graphics
Freelancer, UK

Return to posts index

Nathaniel Barr
on Jul 18, 2018 at 7:55:24 pm

The plugin is exactly what I'm looking for--a reverse radial blur. Thanks a ton!

I think this is actually the first time I've seen Andrew Kramer in person. It's interesting how he was able to get those very specific 3D hologram distortion effects by modifying his 3D Elements plugin as well as create that Reverse Radial Blur plugin. I've never used 3D Elements before, so maybe I'll have to take a look at that at some point.

I'm just curious--did he ever release that reverse radial blur plugin that he used by any chance?

Return to posts index

David Byrne
on Jul 18, 2018 at 11:23:00 pm

No worries! Happy to help - as far as I know to date he hasn't released Reverse Radial, though I saw him say on twitter or on one of the VCP forums they probably will one day, but it needs a lot of work, and that was a while ago! He might have figured that Point Zoom covers that ground too, so maybe not worth the effort.

Cheers!
David Byrne
Animo Motion Graphics
Freelancer, UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]