FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bad Tracking Issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Glaim
Bad Tracking Issues
on Jul 14, 2018 at 10:36:52 am

Hey, everyone.

So, I'm trying to learn tracking and footage stabilization and I've started by trying to stabilize some footage of my face. I'm trying to do that "Annoying Orange" effect, where you put your eyes and mouth on an inanimate object to make it talk. I found a tutorial to show me how to do it, but the results were still pretty shaky. What can I do?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Bad Tracking Issues
on Jul 14, 2018 at 6:23:56 pm

You say you have stabilized your face, that's correct (you might also need to stab the rotation too), but have you also tracked the footage you want to comp onto? Even a "locked off" shot can still move a little, more so if it's film-based from gate weave.
You didn't mention which tutorial you followed. Without knowing what you have done we won't be able to steer you in the right direction

Return to posts index

Tim Glaim
on Jul 14, 2018 at 11:44:02 pm

No, I DIDN'T stabilize my face. That's what I'm here about. I did check the rotation, as the tutorial said I should. Here's the tutorial:

I'm not using any footage other than my face for the comp. I'm trying to put my stabilized face onto a still image of an inanimate object.

Return to posts index

Tim Glaim
on Jul 17, 2018 at 7:05:13 am

Hello? Anyone? I don't mean to be a pest, but I could really use some help, if anyone's got any ideas.

Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jul 17, 2018 at 2:50:41 pm

clearly..since you only need your eyes and mouth and they dont even need to be from the same shot...is to have something hold your head in place. even placing it on a hard surface would help. ..OR just use the warp stabilizer with no movement..warp stabilizer is in its own window under TRACKER

Return to posts index

Tim Glaim
on Jul 17, 2018 at 9:10:03 pm

I've actually thought about rerecording the footage using something to keep my face completely still. "Use the warp stabilizer with no movement", eh? Is there a "movement" box I need to uncheck? How exactly do I use it with no movement? I'll give it a look.

Thanks very much, Richard. I really appreciate your help. I really want to get this down.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]