FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making a reverse TC generator.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anders Haavie
Making a reverse TC generator.
on Jul 9, 2018 at 6:28:56 am

I am really hard trying to find a TC generator effect that I can put on lots of clips in a timeline imported from Premiere that gives me the countdown time on each individual clip. A friend of mine is producing big live shows and he blocks them out before the show with dummy camera angles. The camera guys needs to know how many seconds they are live before an edit. Been googling alot around for this. Apearantly Avid has this posibility..

I would ideally do this in Premiere, but I guess it is bigger chance of making this work in AE.

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/3/1004902 (original post in the Premiere forum)

Anders

Xraid-Xserve-Xsan-Xeverything

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Making a reverse TC generator.
on Jul 10, 2018 at 1:54:30 pm

You can do this in Ae with an expression.

Import your Premiere edit into Ae, then add a Text layer as the top layer, above everything else in the edit. Twirl the text layer open, then twirl the Text layer group open, then Alt+click the Source Text stopwatch and paste this code:

layerName = "";
layerCountdown = "";
for (var i = index+1; i <= thisComp.numLayers; i++) {
if (thisComp.layer(i).active) {
layerName = thisComp.layer(i).name;
layerCountdown = timeToTimecode(thisComp.layer(i).outPoint - time, timecodeBase = 1/thisComp.frameDuration, isDuration = true);
}
}
layerName + "\n" + layerCountdown;

This will display the name and countdown for the active layer at the top of the stack (below the text layer).

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]