FORUMS: list search recent posts

Parenting an effect control to null object

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Sinclair
Parenting an effect control to null object
on Jul 8, 2018 at 8:11:08 pm

Hello, I have a tracked footage, where I keyed the background and am trying to add a CC Environment effect with an spherical image projected, so the background moves with the camera. The CC Environment has a Horizontal Pan control, which is what I need to parent to the null object with the tracking data, but since the effect is applied to a solid, when I parent the layers, the solid moves with the tracking data, instead of rotating the sphere inside the CC Environment effect. How can I add the tracking data only to the Horizontal Pan control of the effect?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Parenting an effect control to null object
on Jul 9, 2018 at 1:23:44 am

It sounds like you need 3D tracking. Unfortunately, you have left yourself with a 2D image. Your description makes it sound like there are no good 3D tracking points.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dan Sinclair
Re: Parenting an effect control to null object
on Jul 9, 2018 at 3:15:01 am

Indeed, all footage is 2D, my actor was shot against a green screen, with markers, which I used to track the camera movement to a Null. I have an equirectangular picture of the inside of an old cabin, which I intend to add as the backdrop. I am using CC Environment to map the equirectangular image to the inside of a sphere that I can control with the Horizontal Pan (to follow the camera movement). All I needed was to make the Horizontal Pan effect control inside CC Environment to be controlled by the Null, but I was unable to do that, even with expressions (something I'm new at) and ended up parenting the camera's point of interest to the tracked Null... Not the most perfect solution, but it seems to work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]