FORUMS: list search recent posts

I cant seem to get this effect down? im looking for ideas

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Garabedain
I cant seem to get this effect down? im looking for ideas
on Jun 28, 2018 at 10:18:08 pm

So I have had this simple idea for a little while but everytime I try to make it, it just looks bad. I wanted the camera to move and follow in the shape of a lightning bolt. The end effect would be similar to a camera move in DBZ : Battle of the Gods.. So i made a lightning bolt and made it big and when i try to make my camera follow it...I just dont get the sense of motion..i created a background and a logo..My idea is that the camera would come from off screen and strike the logo then the camera would switch to the front where electrical energy is fading from the strike...So thats my idea...but it never looks like it is traveling a great distance...

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: I cant seem to get this effect down? im looking for ideas
on Jun 29, 2018 at 10:32:03 pm

Hey Richard, is this on black (limbo) by any chance? I don't know the reference footage you refer to but for these kinds of things I find you need "signposts" along the way - objects that are just background (or anywhere really, but unimportant objects) that let the viewer see parallax and what direction your are moving so they get a sense of speed, distance and direction.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]