FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color problem with green logos while using Keylight Inside Mask

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
laura johnston
Color problem with green logos while using Keylight Inside Mask
on Jun 28, 2018 at 4:14:25 pm

Hello,

I am working with a subject who is in front of the green screen. Unfortunately he has two logos on his black shirt: one is a lime green and the other is a light blue/green. Both of these logos are effected when I apply the keylight effect.
I have tried inside masks as well as a garbage mask but I am facing some problems when I do this. Maybe I am applying these effects wrong?

Because I am applying a mask it doesn't apply any of the filters/color change from the keylight so there is an obvious color difference. When I apply the keylight it adjusts the black shirt and makes it a nice deep black however, when i try and mask the logos you can see the off-black shirt showing through in the mask. If I make the color balance 0 then my main layer and masked item match but the coloring of the subject is awful. The subjects skin is reflecting alot of green but I cant adjust the despill or alpha bias to fix the skin because the masked area isnt getting adjusted with it and so there is a major color difference.

How do I maintain the green logos without seeing major color differences in my mask while getting the green out of the skintone?

Ive searched for hours on youtube and forums but no one has dealt with this issue.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Color problem with green logos while using Keylight Inside Mask
on Jun 28, 2018 at 7:04:21 pm

You'll add adjustments to the unkeyed/masked patch. I'm betting there's no way a curves and levels wouldn't be able to match the keyed output.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Color problem with green logos while using Keylight Inside Mask
on Jun 28, 2018 at 7:52:57 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jun 28, 2018 at 7:59:39 pm

This may not be easy, depending on how much the subject moves.

You'll have to use a combination of Keylight to get most of the key right, supplemented by a duplicated layer, using an animated garbage mask around the the logos. This comp can then be used as an alpha matte in another comp on the unkeyed footage.

I bet you develop a new sensitivity to key colors on the subject!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]