FORUMS: list search recent posts

spread out pie chart in Element 3D V2.2

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Lindner
spread out pie chart in Element 3D V2.2
on Jun 26, 2018 at 3:01:06 pm

Hey guys!

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me solve my problem.

I got a client and he want's a pie chart in 3D. That is not a problem. But, he wants 7 equal parts and each part is supposed to be separated from the other parts. Basically, it should be 7 individual 3D objects in form of a circle with spacing between each part that I can animate as I like.

Like this front view of the pie:

I just can't figure out a more or less simple and economically reasonable solution to make this.
I want to be able to rotate the whole thing, then focus on one piece, scale up just this one piece, while it is focused and then rotate to the next piece. Kind of like fortune wheel and it stops every time a piece is centered.

Like this:

So far, I made the pie chart and made 7 pieces with 7 different layers and 7 Element 3D layers. So each piece has its own Element Effect applied, which is not the solution I am looking for.

Also, I have big problems getting equal spacing between the pieces since the anchor points and the rotation has to be made inside of Element.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: spread out pie chart in Element 3D V2.2
on Jun 26, 2018 at 7:14:52 pm

This is the type of thing the auxiliary animation channels in Element 3D are for. Make the pie chart as seven pieces on the same Element layer and assign each shape to an aux channel. That way you can both move the entire shape as one and move individual pieces through aux channel animations.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Daniel Lindner
Re: spread out pie chart in Element 3D V2.2
on Jun 26, 2018 at 11:55:37 pm

Thank you very much, Kalleheikki!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]