FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to make keyboard shortcuts to a special window? - AE CC 2017

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jordy timmer
Is it possible to make keyboard shortcuts to a special window? - AE CC 2017
on Jun 26, 2018 at 2:47:26 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to bind a key to a special action in the "Tracker" window.

I sometimes make a Hyperlapse, and in AE CC 2017 i stabilize them. But sometimes i have to stabilize them frame for frame. I do this with "Stabilze Motion" function in the "Tracker" window and this works great. But i takes so much time to position the track point and then go back with you're mouse to the "analyze 1 frame forward" button. And i was wondering if it is possible to bind the "z" key to the "analyze 1 frame forward" button?.

I saw a video on how to change the keyboard shortcuts in CC 2017 by modifying the Shortcuts.txt but i couldn't find it in there. But maybe is there a plugin to do this?

Hope some can help.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings,
Jordy

Ps. sorry for my bad english.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Is it possible to make keyboard shortcuts to a special window? - AE CC 2017
on Jun 27, 2018 at 9:37:22 am

I don't think this is possible directly in Ae.

But you could use a keyboard macro application to get the click the mouse on a specific spot on-screen. I'm on Windows, so I'd use AutoHotkey [link]. (On a Mac, you could use a program like Keyboard Maestro [link].)

Here's a .ahk script that would help:

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

^#z::
MouseGetPos, xpos, ypos
MsgBox, The cursor is at X%xpos% Y%ypos%.
Return

#z::
MouseGetPos, xpos, ypos
Click, 2523, 635
MouseMove, xpos, ypos, 0
Return

After running the AHK script, open Ae and hover the mouse over the Analyze 1 frame forward button, then press Ctrl+Win+Z. This will pop up a window that shows the on-screen X/Y coordinates for the button. Note those numbers and modify the "Click" line above so it reflects the location of the button on your monitor and in your layout.

Save and re-run the AHK script. Now, when you press Win+Z, AutoHotkey will get the current position of the mouse and store it, move the mouse to the coordinates you wrote into the script, click, and instantly move the mouse back to its original location.

Note that if you move or resize your Ae layout in a way that affects the tracker panel, or if the tracker panel is closed, this won't work. You'll have to keep the tracker panel open, and you'll have to adjust the X/Y location of that mouse click if you change your layout. (A program like Sikuli might be a little more flexible here, but I haven't tried it myself.)

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

jordy timmer
Re: Is it possible to make keyboard shortcuts to a special window? - AE CC 2017
on Jul 5, 2018 at 12:21:06 pm

Hi Walter,

Thanks for you're response, it made my workflow faster with you're advise. I 'am on Mac and used Keyboard Maestro and signed the button "z" to the x and y pos of "analyze 1 frame forward" to "move and click" on that spot. This saves me so much time!

Thanks for you're advice!

Greetings,
Jordy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]