FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 Particle systems overlapping each other

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Butler
2 Particle systems overlapping each other
on Jun 26, 2018 at 10:08:55 am

Hello all,

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this issue.

My basic set up is 2 layers with particular and they both create a line by following a emitter with motion paths.

Is there any way of making it look like one is spiraling around the other, so that you can see it go behind and infront of the other in Z space?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: 2 Particle systems overlapping each other
on Jun 26, 2018 at 12:48:21 pm

you'll have to use two emitters inside the same Particular instance, either have them follow lights or use two motion paths. Otherwise you can't make they play nice together =P since they can't see each other. That's the major downside of TC's Particular if you compare it to Superluminal's Stardust.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Nick Butler
on Jun 26, 2018 at 1:32:01 pm

Hi Thanks for your reply.

I have done as you have said and put 2 emitters inside one particle layer, however when i click on my second system, it doens't allow me to select a motion path in the "air" tab like it does in the master system.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Jun 27, 2018 at 12:47:55 pm

Thats true. I've never actually tested after they made that change. I thought you could...

Well, you can somehow fake the occlusion, by either using mattes or the camera cut out property, but this will be tricky (and messy) if you have any camera moves at all, So I can't come up with anything else but suggest you go to a more robust particle engine.

good luck

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]