FORUMS: list search recent posts

How is this effect achieved?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Santanu Bhattacharjee
How is this effect achieved?
on Jun 25, 2018 at 4:57:40 pm

Can somebody explain how is this effect achieved ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEoIV4YOKx4

I initially thought these were two videos joined by adding camera shake so that the cut was not visible. But on inspecting frame by frame the guy doing the trick is a continuous shot.

Then I though the guy behind was shot on a green screen. Then his reflection is evident on the refrigerator behind.

Any insights?

Santanu Productions, Mumbai
The Swiss Army Knife for All Your Creative Needs

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: How is this effect achieved?
on Jun 25, 2018 at 6:08:56 pm

The guy in front is green screened or roto'd - note the horrible key in the hair when he bends over to get the teabag just before the reveal. You can also see the wipe on the rear character as he changes to the new shirt (look at the hair) - so it's not just the shirt that changes, the rear man changes completely. With the camera zoom (post, more than likely) it really doens't matter whether its a quick change artists that has been finessed or a completely different take - that zoom and motion blur hides all sorts of sins.
With these self done videos, they always have the option to shoot it over and over again until they get one that aligns properly with no worry about budget or ticking clock.

Return to posts index

Santanu Bhattacharjee
Re: How is this effect achieved?
on Jun 26, 2018 at 12:03:47 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply. I did not notice the bad roto on the trick guy's hair. Also you are right that these productions have indefinite budgets or ticking clocks to do the shot right.

Santanu Productions, Mumbai
The Swiss Army Knife for All Your Creative Needs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]