FORUMS: list search recent posts

trapcode particular- increasing the duration of an explosion into a swirling/brooding vortex -scaling up a system

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Hahn
trapcode particular- increasing the duration of an explosion into a swirling/brooding vortex -scaling up a system
on Jun 25, 2018 at 7:41:41 am
Last Edited By Anna Hahn on Jun 25, 2018 at 7:46:58 am

Hello

I am working with a particle system in trapcode particular that is a quick explosion where the particles go out on a circle and swirl before they die

The explosion is very brief and only occurs once

what is the best way to convert the animation of the explosion system into a continuously swirling vortex that continuously re-spawns WITHOUT GETTING BLOWN OUT, & WITHOUT DRAMATICALLY ALTERING THE FEEL OF THE ANIMATION/MOTION---- every time I flip the emitter type from EXPLOSION to CONTINUOUS I get a system that is too bright, the particles all last too long etc- when I try keyframing the particles per second down to 0 to open/close the particle valve so to speak, this no longer resembles the original explosion motion- I have tried adjusting the particles per second as well as the life of the particles but I cannot seem to get the result I want- -----a simple stretching of the same motion unfolding along a much longer time scale, so the explosion just continues to unfold infinitely rather than popping once and then ending----- basically I just want something that swirls/unfolds in a brooding way continuously like the continuously undulating blooming plumes around sauron's eye

also-- if a particle system is very small, what is the best way to increase it's physical size on the canvas without altering the animation/motion properties- everything I try either radically alters the motion of the particles themselves or pixelates the appearance of the system

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]