FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video's audio goes mute AFTER I add reverb effect to it?!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael morrow
Video's audio goes mute AFTER I add reverb effect to it?!
on Jun 22, 2018 at 10:34:01 pm

So I have a precomp with a video file inside it, which plays it's own audio when it comes up on my time line....I simply wanted to key frame some reverb to happen on the last word of audio on it. I grabbed the reverb, dropped it on the corresponding precomp layer and noticed it now had no audio, when I RAM preview.

I deleted that reverb, the audio came back. So I opened up the aforementioned precomp and dropped the reverb on the actual video file inside the precomp....when I ram preview in there, I can hear the reverb and audio....so i key framed it in there....went back to my main timeline...ram preview...but the audio for that precomp is mute again.

what am I missing here ?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Video's audio goes mute AFTER I add reverb effect to it?!
on Jun 23, 2018 at 4:50:45 am

You have to be really careful about the kind of audio file you use. To wit, no compressed audio. AE doesn't like it. So turn them mp3's into wav's and things ought to improve.

Note that I say "ought" -- if you run CC 2018, your problem could be damn near anything. That piece of crap is a real train wreck, and you could spend hour after pointless hour searching for a fix.

So keep your fingers crossed that the switch to uncompressed audio does the trick.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]