FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE Green Keying Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Onur Uygur
AE Green Keying Problem
on Jun 22, 2018 at 11:26:57 am

Hi,
Im facing a strange problem in AE. Whenever I add keylighr1.2 Im loosing all the yellowish colors. How can I solve it? Any idea?

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: AE Green Keying Problem
on Jun 22, 2018 at 1:45:50 pm

If you don't want keylight to do any color correction then set it to intermediate result in the view options.

Roei Tzoref
2D/VFX Generalist & Instructor
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫
http://www.tzoref.com

Return to posts index

Onur Uygur
on Jun 22, 2018 at 2:54:18 pm

Thanks for it but its not working :/

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 22, 2018 at 3:07:04 pm

I suspect a poorly-shot green screen. It's easy to make a mistake if don't have green screen shooting experience. Please show us a still of your un-keyed shot.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Onur Uygur
on Jun 22, 2018 at 3:15:38 pm

Image is here.
Thanks for answer.

1_11.jpg

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 22, 2018 at 4:20:25 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jun 22, 2018 at 4:21:35 pm

That looks good. You should be able to pull a good key from that image. Does the key look good in Keylight's Status view? You should see black in the green parts, white on the subjects and gray at the edges.

I would look over training materials for Keylight, because there is no reason you can not pull a good key.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Jun 22, 2018 at 7:07:56 pm

Yellow is a bad candidate for keylight. If you can't get a decent matte (check
Screen matte view and status view), I would recommend using Primatte which is a 3rd party keyer by redgiant. It uses a different technology than keylight and it is especially useful with different colors than the normal chroma backgrounds that keylight excels is (red, green and blue).

Roei Tzoref
2D/VFX Generalist & Instructor
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫
http://www.tzoref.com

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 22, 2018 at 7:24:51 pm

Optically, yellow on green screen is similar to pink on blue screen - they are much harder to separate (yellow light is made of red and GREEN light and pink is made of red and BLUE light, so there is a lot of the screen color hidden in those seemingly harmless colors). Primatte, as Roei pointed out, and Ultimatte do a better job with these problems than Keylight. Determining ideal screen color is based on many factors including foreground colors, but in this case with both pink and yellow characters neither green or blue screens would solve everything.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 22, 2018 at 7:30:39 pm

Try pulling two mattes - do a rough roto around the offending yellow elements and key that with one set of settings (a little harsher) and key the rest with another (its a good screen color so you won't have to go too far off the defaults to get a good key). Try also not letting keylight do your screen color suppression for the yellow areas (at least on the matte pass)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]