FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE Anchor Point Orientation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn LeBoutillier
AE Anchor Point Orientation
on Jun 21, 2018 at 10:06:51 pm

Is there not a way to rotate a 3d layer and have my anchor point reflect that...

EXAMPLE - Rotate a layer's Y-axis 45 degrees and be able to shift the X-axis position along that 45 degree angle.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE Anchor Point Orientation
on Jun 21, 2018 at 10:54:24 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jun 21, 2018 at 11:05:22 pm

Yes. It's a two-step process: rotate the y, then rotate the x. Pretty easy.

You could also split the axes, make an expression to make the x-dimension follow the y-dimension, and do them both at once, but that seems kind of unnecessary to me.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 22, 2018 at 7:10:22 pm

I think you get two ways of rotating a 3D object (the orientation triple attribute section and individual axis attributes) for this very reason.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jun 22, 2018 at 8:23:48 pm

I dont think the orientation and the rotation are different...i wish they were.....i have tried many times to find a different way to rotate like how you are describing..the only way is with 2 different nulls and for that we might as well go back in time

Return to posts index

Shawn LeBoutillier
on Jun 25, 2018 at 7:17:20 pm

Resolved -

Was a simple "axis mode" setting. Was working in someone else's file who had set "world axis mode" as opposed to "local axis mode."

Seems like that should have been an easy answer on here... Thanks FOR NOTHIN.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jun 25, 2018 at 7:34:10 pm

[Shawn LeBoutillier] "Seems like that should have been an easy answer on here... Thanks FOR NOTHIN."

Pardon?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 25, 2018 at 8:33:19 pm

If we could have seen the project we might have come up with that. But if the answer was so easy, why didn't the OP come up with it? - you know, the person staring at the AE interface?
The problem with final comments like the OP's, is that it quashes the impetuous to help. If you ridicule someone when they make a mistake at the blackboard, they aren't going to go to the blackboard any more.

Return to posts index

Shawn LeBoutillier
on Jun 25, 2018 at 9:27:19 pm

I did come up with it...

and good, We don't want "impetuous" answers. We want thoughtful, considered answers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]