FORUMS: list search recent posts

Who knows how to recreate the effect in the video???

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexandra Piliuiko
Who knows how to recreate the effect in the video???
on Jun 21, 2018 at 6:25:28 am

How do u call the effect starting at 13 sec?

I’m really new to AE, sorry if the question seems a little dumb. I’m trying to find the tutorial on how to create a similar effect where the drone would be kinda “blown up” but where u can still see all the inside elements of the drone. All I could find on Youtube is how to get the object turn into particles galore but nothing even close to what’s on this video. I would be very grateful if anyone could help me out. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Who knows how to recreate the effect in the video???
on Jun 21, 2018 at 8:13:41 am

It's called an exploded view. This has to be done with the original model in a 3D application or if I remember correctly the Element 3D plugin from Video Copilot could do something similar.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Jun 21, 2018 at 12:22:21 pm

If you want to automate some mesh tranformations you can take a look at Greyscalle Gorilla's Transform plugin for Cinema 4d... AE can't do alone the drone explosion part (you can render geometry getting transformed with plugins, but you can't animate them properly).

The logo, which is the AE part, I'm betting are some masked parts of the logo getting duplicated several times and "extruded" in Z. The author did well when adjusting the lights. But you can clearly see that while the drone reflects, the logo doesn't.

The "magic " with this effect is the rotation, it really hides the fact that one element scales down and outwards while the other scales up and inwards.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Jun 21, 2018 at 3:51:14 pm

You can do it with the Element 3D plugin, but you need a 3D model that already has all the pieces separated or pre-fractured. Probably easier to do it in an actual 3D program.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]