FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing aec files (from c4d) into AE2018 R15.01 - doable?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Bentley
importing aec files (from c4d) into AE2018 R15.01 - doable?
on Jun 21, 2018 at 12:19:32 am

Can we no longer import .aec files into AE?
I need a camera and some objects that animate in C4d to be brought into AE and I think this is the only way. From AE's open or import dialogue I cannot see the .aec files in the finder.
Of course I could use Cineware but the C4D camera and objects are children of nulls that animate - that hierarchy of animation is broken apart once Cineware gets a hold of it and the imported animation doesn't resemble what was in C4d.
Alternately, is there a way to extract the C4D data with Cineware that can assign the animation of the parent's and child's combined net animation (in other words, the childs world space animation) from C4d into one object within AE?

My current work around is to open a much older version of AE, import the aec file, save, then open AE2018, open my original file I wanted to import into, and then import the saved older AE file. I'm sure if I could do all that and juggle at the same time I'd be on broadway.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: importing aec files (from c4d) into AE2018 R15.01 - doable?
on Jun 22, 2018 at 6:34:57 pm

Does it work if you download and install Maxon's After Effects plugins?

https://www.maxon.net/en/support/downloads/

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: importing aec files (from c4d) into AE2018 R15.01 - doable?
on Jun 22, 2018 at 7:07:27 pm

Thanks Walter - good idea. I've got them in CS6 which I still have hanging around on the system for legacy things of this type but didn't think of using them in 2018, what with having the Cineware plug software now.
I'll give it a shot and report back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]