FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to use tracking data to stabilize?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Thompson
How to use tracking data to stabilize?
on Jun 18, 2018 at 1:22:16 pm

Hi, I have a shot which I've tracked using Mocha AE and now I need to stabilize the tracked area in the same shot. Mocha AE doesn't seem to have a stabilize option so I've used AE's point tracker to stabilize but it hasn't done a good job because of moving shadows.

Is there a way I can use the mocha tracking data to stabilize the same area of the footage? Thanks

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: How to use tracking data to stabilize?
on Jun 18, 2018 at 2:32:27 pm

When exporting from mocha, click on the invert checkbox and you will get stabilization instead of match moving.

Roei Tzoref
2D/VFX Generalist & Instructor
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫
http://www.tzoref.com

Return to posts index

Ryan Thompson
on Jun 18, 2018 at 3:51:24 pm

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 18, 2018 at 7:47:37 pm

For those who have wandered in to this post but don't use Mocha, you can apply tracking data of a shot to its anchor point and voila, its now stabilized around the object you tracked(this only works if the thing you tracked is not moving). You may have to nest the shot to a null to then move the footage someplace where you can see what you want in the shot, and even reduce the comp size or scale the footage, as stabilization can move the edges significantly outside the frame. Or you could put an offset on the data with an expression.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]