FORUMS: list search recent posts

Element 3D: Text is small in "scene setup" window

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Manh
Element 3D: Text is small in "scene setup" window
on Jun 17, 2018 at 11:19:07 pm

Hello everyone!

Just started moving programs and plugins over into a new laptop I got, but recently found out the text is small that I can hardly read the text in a lot of the Videocopilot plugins I have (Element 3D, Optical Flares, etc.)

It appears like this:

I have noticed the same problem when I open preset windows for Red Giant Universe plugins as well.

I'm pretty sure it's a simple fix. Not sure if it's my display settings or After Effects itself. I have been changing all sorts of settings and searching on Google with no resolve.

Graphics Card is NVIDIA Quadro P5000 if this information is needed, as well as display settings below:

Thank you in advance for your help!

-Kevin

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Element 3D: Text is small in "scene setup" window
on Jun 18, 2018 at 2:02:10 pm

What size in points is you source character?

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Jun 18, 2018 at 7:12:58 pm

Yeah, they (Video CoPilot) haven't updated Element for UHD display. What I do when I use Element is that I set the second monitor to FHD and keep the Scene setup window there. Bit of a drag having to switch the resolution back and forth, but that way it is usable. Hopefully that will be updated some day.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Jun 18, 2018 at 8:08:59 pm

I'm a moron, I was thinking about extruded text size, not display fonts and UI. Sorry.

Anyway, my size here is perfectly reasonable in the 4k monitor. I use 125% display scale, to really make use of that screen realstate and I sit about a meter away from the display. I can read things just fine, and I don't feel tired late in the day.

On the other hand, I can relate if you guys feel the fonts are too small. I guess I'm just used to it and I have a perfect eyesight. I'll say this so I can just hope if people end up punching things up they don't over do it.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jun 18, 2018 at 9:50:47 pm

After effects in general needs some kind of user interface character setup ....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]