FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple brush strokes in single clone layer?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Barratt
Multiple brush strokes in single clone layer?
on Jun 13, 2018 at 6:22:53 am

So I'm working with a clone tool and tracker to paint out certain parts in a clip. However for each clone stroke I make, it creates a new clone layer and I have to link it to a new tracker each time. Is there a way to collectively have all the brush strokes in one clone layer so it can link to one tracker?

Or is there a better way to parent multiple clone's positions to a null instead of just taking over the position values? Pick whipping just grabs the values.

--

Alex T. Barratt
Multimedia Designer

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Multiple brush strokes in single clone layer?
on Jun 14, 2018 at 7:05:59 am

I guess you could rig this up in some way but I never saw the need to link clone to trackers (always seemed too complicated) because I use a technique to reverse stabilize the shot. First you stabilize the camera or area you wish to use the clone in, do the clone work on this stabilized comp, then revese the movement to introduce back the motion. I would use Mocha for this but you could use Ae's legacy tracker it just requires expressions if you need rotation and scale. Also Warp Stabilizer is good if the camera is moving.

If you let me see the shot, explain what you want to do, I could show you what I mean.

Roei Tzoref
2D/VFX Generalist & Instructor
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫
http://www.tzoref.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]