FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samuel Stroud
3D Effect?
on Jun 12, 2018 at 11:59:41 am

Hello everyone!

I'm new to using After Effects (literally just started using it yesterday.) After years of using Photoshop I wanted to expand my work into motion graphics. So, I was wondering if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction of where to go with something.

I'm trying to create an effect similar to this - https://www.instagram.com/p/BjzcDieFhzu/ - but I just can't seem to get it right. I understand the tracking aspect for the most part (I'm still not quite used to it, but I'll get there) but I don't understand the 3D, or maybe Parallax(?), aspect.

Would anybody be able to help me in understanding how to achieve this effect?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Twitter | Instagram | Portfolio

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: 3D Effect?
on Jun 12, 2018 at 1:26:35 pm

That's mostly 3D camera tracking.
The camera tracking has to start with the video.
Bring that into a 3D app (I use Maya for this) and place your tracking points that to match whatever you wish to add.
Looks like fun.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: 3D Effect?
on Jun 12, 2018 at 7:47:25 pm

You can either do a camera track and just position stuff in 3d, or you could track the transformations (PSR), create a null with those, and link a composition with your stuff displaced in Z on it. Which one did you got the aspect of?

If you acchieved a decent track. Create that said camera, add a point in space close to where you'll want to position things. (this will vary with whichever plugin you used to generate the track). Then add your layers and position them farther away from that point. Literally place them in 3d.

On that example, the parallax you're speaking of is generated automaticaly because the camera is moving. and there's no 3d, only "2.5D". All layers seem to be flat, just displaced in Z.

Theres some masking and grading also, but I think you want the specifics on the track, right?

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]