FORUMS: list search recent posts

After effects didn't import or export files are coming with quicktime components (86:1)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shehab Saleh
After effects didn't import or export files are coming with quicktime components (86:1)
on Jun 12, 2018 at 1:22:47 am

Hi everybody

Since i installed AE CC to my new laptop

I have import problems importing footage, other projects. Never had this problem before even my old laptop with same version . Tried, i think, everything. Installing and re-installing. I think its problem with Quicktime components. Also exporting. some codec on Quicktime are missing

Loosing lots of time. HELP!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: After effects didn't import or export files are coming with quicktime components (86:1)
on Jun 12, 2018 at 4:05:23 am

If you are using the new AE2018 15.03 or higher you have run into the "no longer supported codec" problem. Apple has stopped development of quicktime and there are a bunch of other codecs that will not be compatible with higher color space formats and bit depths, so Adobe in their infinite wisdom has, without warning, not allowed us to work with that kind of footage any more. To be fair, its a pill we are all going to have to swallow sooner or later, but to do this without warning or without some kind of transcode option is just silly.

You can uninstall and got back to AE2018 15.01 which has all the features of 2018 (plus a few bugs) but does allow the older formats.

Return to posts index

Shehab Saleh
Re: After effects didn't import or export files are coming with quicktime components (86:1)
on Jun 13, 2018 at 4:18:16 pm

Hi Steve
Thanks for your feedback. I see that apple didn't support some component any more.

Otherwise I got back to AE15.0 and then AE14.0 until AE13 but it's not fix this problem!

Also when I click Pre-render it directly showing window of export to AVI ? I forced render with (Add to render queue) with limit QT components as we mention!

Return to posts index

Shehab Saleh
on Jun 13, 2018 at 5:14:09 pm

Finally, I solve it with your repaly to install old ver. 15.0.1 + follow this link of video steps!

Thank you

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 13, 2018 at 6:13:37 pm

[Steve Bentley] "You can uninstall and got back to AE2018 15.01 which has all the features of 2018 (plus a few bugs) but does allow the older formats."

There are several features in Ae CC 2018 version 15.1 that are not available in 15.0.1:

- Master Properties
- Advanced Puppet Engine
- CSV/TSV support for data-driven animation
- Essential Graphics panel improvements
- Property link pickwhip
- Adobe Immersive Environment (head-mounted VR display support)
- New Video Limiter effect
- Color management improvements (LUTs and Assume Working Gamma)
- Performance improvements (GPU memory usage, Add/Match/Remove Grain effects)
- Improved camera raw format support

Master properties, in particular, is a pretty big feature with lots of interesting applications.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]