FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remove noise - first or last?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim bachalo
Remove noise - first or last?
on Jun 7, 2018 at 7:50:13 pm

Hi
When removing noise from a 3d render, should that be the first thing you do in a comp, (ie the first adjustment layer on top of your raw footage layer) or the last (top most layer in your comp)?

You should follow me on Twitter here. My latest work

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Remove noise - first or last?
on Jun 7, 2018 at 9:24:36 pm

I'm not sure I understand what you are after. Putting an adjustment layer over any layer will affect all layers below. If you only want to kill the noise on your 3d render, put the noise killer on that layer alone.

I guess the first question is, why is there noise on your 3D render and/or why would you want to get rid of it?

What am i missing?

Return to posts index

jim bachalo
on Jun 8, 2018 at 7:04:42 pm

There is noise because the only reason I am using AE is to save time on my 3D render sequences, both by reducing number of samples and not doing any DOF effects during my render.

I need to both remove remaining noise AND apply DOF effects as well as a LUT in post.

Most people would say use Nuke or Fusion but I think AE is the prefect tool if I'm only doing those 3 things

so

1- need to remove noise
2- need to apply LUT
3- need to apply DOF effect

You should follow me on Twitter here. My latest work

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 8, 2018 at 12:31:28 am

In most cases, I'd remove noise first, and I'd pre-render it. Noise reduction is slow, so it can be painful to work under; better to remove it early in the process so you can see exactly what you've got as you go along without constantly incurring that render penalty.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]