FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why Does My Zoom In Hook Around Like This?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Ampofo
Why Does My Zoom In Hook Around Like This?
on Jun 7, 2018 at 7:39:17 am

https://gfycat.com/SpotlessDistantAmericanwigeon

I've been following After Effects Apprentice and Chris talks about using Anchor Point and Scale to Zoom in on on stuff and make fake camera movements instead of using position and scale. However. It does this odd "hook" behavior. When I use position this is not a problem. Any reasons for this?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Why Does My Zoom In Hook Around Like This?
on Jun 7, 2018 at 1:37:09 pm

It looks to me like the anchor point or position keyframes aren't linear, but the scale keyframes are. If you select all of your keyframes, right-click, and choose keyframe interpolation and set them all to linear, does it go away?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Kevin Ampofo
on Jun 7, 2018 at 4:58:17 pm

They are both linear, which is why this is strange

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 7, 2018 at 5:43:54 pm

If you can upload the project we can take a look.
Keep in mind that scaling is exponential - as you "zoom in" it gets faster and faster - when you scale something 200% it gets 4 times bigger. Scale it 4 times and its 16 times bigger; whereas a camera moving at a constant rate will look, well, constant.
Also with a lens involved, as objects approach the edge of the frame they tend to warp a little as they "round" the lens. The effect is higher in the horizontal rather than the vertical due to the side edges of a landscape shaped frame being closer to the edge of a round lens. You can use the distort/optics compensation effect to simulate this - it really adds a nice true camera feel.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]