FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green frames on rendered file

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maëlle Jumel
Green frames on rendered file
on Jun 6, 2018 at 11:46:13 am

I have a problem when I render a video. On two frames, it looks like this :

(The kind of vignette is probably because of the coloring which is on an adjustment layer above all other layers)

The rest of the vid is fine. However, on after effects there is no green screen on the preview screen.
I've tried purging, rebooting and rendering with AME but nothing works.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Asus Windows 10 PC
Intel Core i5 6300HQ CPU 2.30GHZ
RAM 8GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M
After Effect CC 2018 15.1.1

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Green frames on rendered file
on Jun 6, 2018 at 11:49:30 am

Have you checked the original footage and the AE timeline at those two points? It could also be dropped frames (during shooting) or single-frame gaps in the timeline.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Maëlle Jumel
on Jun 6, 2018 at 11:56:25 am

Hi, thanks for replying.

No green screen on the timeline and the original footage is fine too. I didn't actually shoot it, it's from a video downloaded online.
Do you know what else could be causing the problem?

Return to posts index

Maëlle Jumel
on Jun 6, 2018 at 1:47:11 pm

Hi, thanks for replying.

No green screen on the timeline and the original footage is fine too. I didn't actually shoot it, it's from a video downloaded online.
Do you know what else could be causing the problem?

EDIT: I actually just realised (when seeing full resolution because it was in half for preview purposes) that it is like another part of the video is added just on that frame. Same for the two frames that glitch. I'm not sure what to do?

Asus Windows 10 PC
Intel Core i5 6300HQ CPU 2.30GHZ
RAM 8GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M
After Effect CC 2018 15.1.1

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 6, 2018 at 2:04:41 pm

It seems to me like the video is having read errors at that point. It can happen when you're using MP4s in AE. Try using the Adobe Media Encoder to transcode the original video file to something like Cineform or DNxHD and replace the MP4 in AE with the new file.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Maëlle Jumel
on Jun 6, 2018 at 2:22:31 pm

Thank you for this other fix.

I temporarly fixed it by taking screenshots of frames just after and putting them on the green screen frame to render.
I'm currently trying out what you just suggested, although it is weird because on AME the preview screen is red. I'll wait and see if the output is red too though.

I'll let you know if it works. Do you think I could also just convert it to another format not via AME?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 6, 2018 at 3:30:34 pm

I mean, I only suggested using AME because it comes included with Creative Cloud; if you have other video convestion tools (FFMPEG, Handbrake, etc.) you could try that too.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 6, 2018 at 4:01:49 pm

If you are using AE 2018 R15.03 or above, it could also be that the codec the video is in is no longer fully supported. AE 15.00 still supports every codec back to the stoneage I think.
It could also be (if its an mp4 or similar) that what are seeing is the frames in the codec that don't actually exist. Some compressions "make up" frames where the data isn't changing enough to warrant one. AE wants discreet frames to play with. Michael's suggestion of transcoding it is a good one. Make it something that AE can play with properly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]