FORUMS: list search recent posts

Footage of plants in chroma the hardest to find!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo Jurado
Footage of plants in chroma the hardest to find!
on Jun 5, 2018 at 3:54:49 am

Hey guys! How you doing?

I'm facing this project right now where I have the task to create an environment in which plants grow and flowers bloom. There's also some tracking added, but that's another story.

I haven't been able to find decent footage on plant timelapses on a chroma screen. Does anyone have a clue of where I can get good footage?

Any help, HIGHLY appreciated guys!
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Footage of plants in chroma the hardest to find!
on Jun 5, 2018 at 7:11:42 am

We did one of these and we searched and searched.
I think the issue is when you do time lapse you never know where the plant will end up, so it goes out of frame or pops at the last second to full open. Then there's the fascination with the bloom and that's all anyone ever focuses on, so the stem and base get left out (also because the time it takes to grow the stalk is soooo long compared to how long it takes the bud to open, you have to choose a different intervelometer time depending on which is more important).
So its rare to find blooming with the full plant in view. Even rarer to find it on blue screen (leaves are green after all)
In the end we 3D animated a bunch of master plants and rendered them from different angles and then used those to populate the 3D track of the 2D footage.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Jurado
Re: Footage of plants in chroma the hardest to find!
on Jun 5, 2018 at 12:59:37 pm

Hey Steve m thanks for the reply.
Yes I find it quite off. One would think there'd be more people interested in those types of footage.

I saw some $90horrible growing tree renders somewhere. I was looking more for like, vines ,cause flowers i've found some and I can work around the issue you mentioned.

I'll keep searching!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]