FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem tracking green screen scene

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Petr Stovik
Problem tracking green screen scene
on Jun 3, 2018 at 10:20:37 pm

Hi, i'm having a bit of a trouble with a scene i thought would be pretty easy to track since there are lots of tracking points.

Here is the link to the video:
https://vimeo.com/273226789
password is: potato

So the deal is, i don't even need it to track perfectly, just want the 'natural' motion of the handheld camera, i'll be adding 3d enviroment in Cinema 4d later.

AE can track the beggining fine, if i split it to parts, but i can't track the whole thing unfortunately.

Is there a way i can help this scene in any way to track the whole thing? as i said i don't need it to be perfect.

I tried using mocha pro and Cinema4Ds tracker too, but with no luck. Though i'm not really that great in either of these programs.
I can provide download link if anyone wants to take a look, just let me know where you want me to upload it.

I'm open to suggestions for other tracking software too.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Martin Brennand
Re: Problem tracking green screen scene
on Jun 4, 2018 at 12:40:31 am

The main problem is you lose the entire left plane of the wall as you walk forwards, so it's hard to maintain any form of tracking that will align to the wall, then you lose the back wall as you turn as well, so there is no reference for the remaining track.

You could potentially get away with a series of individual Mocha planar tracks and use MochaBlend to get a single-plane camera, but it will still be tricky: http://goodspiritgraphics.com/software/products/mochablend/mochablend-c4d/i...

Martin Brennand | Product Manager | mocha - Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

Petr Stovik
on Jun 4, 2018 at 6:33:07 am

Thanks for the reply Martin,

I thought Mocha would be the way to go, but i have only been using it sparingly, so i'm not that great at using it.
I tried tracking it by unlinking the track since i had some good results with it in the past for some pretty wild shots, but that didn't work out this time.

Since the left side of the wall goes off the screen for a bit and then comes back, is there a way to maybe track it twice and then tell mocha that it's the same plane and shape or something?

Anyway i'll see what Mocha Blend is about.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Martin Brennand
on Jun 4, 2018 at 6:41:49 am

Is it possible to download the shot so I can check? My suspicion is it's going to be unlikely to be fully solvable in one pass with Mocha.

If you prefer to leave it off public forums, you can send the original to my email at "martinb" at borisfx.com

Martin Brennand | Product Manager | mocha - Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

Petr Stovik
on Jun 4, 2018 at 8:38:27 am

Hi, sure, i don't mind sharing it with everyone, i'm just not sure what's the best place to upload it to.
So i sent you a wetransfer link to your email adress.

Here it is for anyone that might also be interested:
https://we.tl/kiePbVQ07C

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]