FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframe for active property keyboard shortcut?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Mouffe
Keyframe for active property keyboard shortcut?
on May 31, 2018 at 3:03:39 pm

Hey All!

Does anyone know of a way to use a keyboard shortcut to drop a keyframe for whichever property(ies) are active on a layer?

I understand I can drop a 'Scale' keyframe by using "alt+s" - but that doesn't seem to work for 'Time-Remapping' ("rr" opens the 'Time-Remapping' property, but "alt+rr" drops a 'Rotation' keyframe).

What I am really hoping to achieve is that I can open 'Scale,' 'Position,' 'Opacity,' and/or 'Time-Remapping' properties on a layer, and then drop keyframes at the playhead for all the open properties using a single keyboard stroke.

Thanks!

-Travis

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Keyframe for active property keyboard shortcut?
on May 31, 2018 at 4:22:16 pm

Hit the "u" key to see animated properties. Hit "uu" to see all modified properties.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Travis Mouffe
on May 31, 2018 at 6:47:34 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Dave!

What I am hoping to do is be able to place a keyframe for a particular property (or multiple) on a layer using a keyboard hotkey.

For example, if I have 'Time-Remapping' open ("rr"), and I move to the beginning of the layer ("i"), how can I put a 'Time-Remapping' keyframe at that point using only the keyboard?

I often find myself moving to the beginning or end of a layer, opening its 'Scale' and 'Opacity' properties, and wanting to place a keyframe for both using a single keyboard shortcut - a "place-keyframe(s)-at-playhead-for-all-open-properties" shortcut.

I understand I can place a shortcut for one property at a time, like 'Scale,' using "alt+s" - but that doesn't seem to work for "Time-Remapping".

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Jun 1, 2018 at 2:06:01 pm

Travis, since CC2018 you have a shortcut editor and you can add a shortcut to add a keyframe to selected properties (visible is not enough):

mine is Shift+K

if the property is selected, it will add a keyframe add that point it time. that is the same as hitting the diamond switch:

or Animation->Add Keyframe

Roei Tzoref
2D/VFX Generalist & Instructor
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫
http://www.tzoref.com

Return to posts index

Travis Mouffe
on Jun 1, 2018 at 4:04:34 pm

Awesome, thanks!

I have not yet spent much time customizing hotkeys in After Effects (defaults have been more than sufficient), but was hopeful such a method was possible for this particular inconvenience.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]