FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maths symbols fly through

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christophe Cuny
Maths symbols fly through
on May 31, 2018 at 8:44:29 am

Hello CC,

AE newbie here. I am viewing a lot of training videos and doing my homework, but I would appreciate your help in designing a workflow for the following.

I would like to create a mathematical formula fly-through. Originally, I was going to get a stock video, but there's nothing that does exactly what I want (which may mean it's too much of an ask for a newbie).

The first thing I need to pin down is the fly-though mechanics. I know I can have transparent layers with symbols, equations and graphs. I suppose I am better off using vectors rather than PNGs for the graphics. What I would like yor advice on is how to animate the layers: am I looking at 2D or pseudo-3D in something like:

Then there is a second component, which I think you could say is nothing to do with the fly-through mechanics, except I don't understand sho to integrate the two aspects: that is the animation of of graphs and equations being drawn in. You can see that in one of the examples above or in https://www.shutterstock.com/zh/video/clip-2770802-math-physics-formulas-on.... I like the way the equations are written in and the graphs drawn: this is done in a much better way than your typical whiteboard stuff. I would really like to learn how to do this properly in AE.

It may be better to create another thread for the second question: please let me know if I should do this.

Other than that, I am not expecting anyone to do the learning for me, but I would really appreciate pointers, advice, recommendations for tutorials I may have missed. I am also not averse to using plugins that would facilitate the tasks, if you help me understand what plugins could help for the above. Just starting out, so I'll take anything that relating to an approach and a workflow that gets me started.

Thank you for your suggestions and advice.

All the best

Chris

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Maths symbols fly through
on May 31, 2018 at 2:32:05 pm

I would use this script to speed up the set up of your layers. To write on the equations, you will want to draw masks over the numbers/symbols and use the Stroke effect. Keyframe the End parameter at zero then move forward the appropriate amount of time and set it to 100. Change Paint Style to Reveal Original Image.

Return to posts index

Christophe Cuny
on May 31, 2018 at 4:36:01 pm

Thank you very much Daniel. That got me started.

Much appreciated.

All the best

Chris

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on May 31, 2018 at 8:49:17 pm

Great. Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]