FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particles Construct Logo

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nimrod Zin
Particles Construct Logo
on May 30, 2018 at 3:46:06 pm

Hi,
I'm struggling with an idea I don't know how to realise. Trying to create a logo to construct from particles flying from right to left and reveal/build the logo.
I want the first particles to disappear and reveal the logo while the later pass the former from left to right and continue to unveil the logo...
A different way to describe it will be that the particles "stick" to the first pixels of the logo and continue to stick to the former particles after they passed by them.
I found plenty of tutorials demonstrating deconstruction but none on how to do the opposite.
Any ideas?
I tried to play with both Particular and Form but didn't succeed to create what I'm trying to achieve.
I hope what I described makes sense.
Thanks,
Nimrod.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Particles Construct Logo
on May 30, 2018 at 4:50:51 pm

you do the decontstruction in reverse...duh..how did you not figure that out. YOu just use particle world to fly into a shape of your logo then you fade on the actual logo on top

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on May 30, 2018 at 7:06:34 pm

Deconstruct your logo using Particular, and then pre-compose everything and time-reverse your precomp layer.

Return to posts index

Nimrod Zin
on May 30, 2018 at 7:30:19 pm

Reversing it will not give me what I'm looking to do.
If you reverse the deconstruction the particles will stick when hitting each other.
I want them to go past the ones that stuck first.
Think of a word... LOGO...
Particles are flying from left side of the screen. When the first particles reach the "hidden" L they start revealing it.
The trail of the of the particles dust continues to fly after the head and reveal s the next letter and so on...
Reversing it will make them fly over the first letter and constructing the logo from the end of it.
Explaining it now made me try to just reverse precomposed layer of the particle layer and leave the original revealed logo in the original comp but then the position of the particles is screwed up...
Is there maybe a way to deconstruct the word NOT like in this? tutorial?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on May 30, 2018 at 9:22:17 pm

There's this one: http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/disintegration/

I don't understand the problem though. You can have it disintegrate and then fly the particles across the letters. Then, when you reverse it, they'll be flying in as you describe.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on May 30, 2018 at 10:39:42 pm

Use the good ol' Shatter effect, with teeny tiny particles and a big canvas, to get more control over what particles go where. You can control what parts of the logo are shattering and and which direction they go by animating the Forces or creating a gradient-map for the shatter. Then you can pre-comp and time-reverse just like everyone described. I've done this exact effect (in reverse, making a logo blow away like ashes) for a title sequence at 54 seconds in this video:

Hunting films pay the bills, so no hate, please.

This tutorial is EXTREMELY old, but it's still entirely relevant to gradient-mapping the Shatter effect:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]