FORUMS: list search recent posts

Suggestion to Creating Transparent Gradient shapes.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manish Chaudhary
Suggestion to Creating Transparent Gradient shapes.
on May 29, 2018 at 2:02:16 pm

i want to create and animate these kinda transparent shapes but cant find any ref. for this any suggestion??

https://vimeo.com/259397826

any tutorials or blog regarding this kinda Stuff??

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Suggestion to Creating Transparent Gradient shapes.
on May 29, 2018 at 3:54:54 pm

I see a lot of nested comps using the Ramp effect, combined with geometric shapes used as track mattes. The only thing that's REALLY animating is the positions.

But this is just one way to skin this cat. Others will make different suggestions.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Manish Chaudhary
on May 29, 2018 at 6:10:48 pm

i don't really want to make that kinda animation but the thing i want is to create and animate these transparent gradients.

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
on May 30, 2018 at 12:14:14 am

Hi Manish. You can do them a couple of ways. One is to use the Colorama effect which allows you to set transparency on a gradient - but it might take a while to understand the effect if you haven't used it before.

Or you can use the Gradient Fill or Gradient Stroke when creating a Shape Layer:
Twirl open the shape layer, then Contents/Gradient Stroke or Gradient Fill then Start Point
A guide line will appear near your shape with two ends (sometimes difficult to see) drag the ends so that it is the length of the shape you want to fill - this sets the beginning and end of gradient.
Colours/Edit Gradient...
A Gradient Editor box will appear with a colored strip along the top. On top of that are two black 'stops'. Select one and then underneath "Opacity; 100%" will appear. Change it to 0%. You can drag the stop to change the position where the opacity change takes effect.
Then select your Color(s) by selecting the color stops under the strip.

Return to posts index

Manish Chaudhary
on May 30, 2018 at 10:36:22 am

thanks now i got it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]