FORUMS: list search recent posts

Effect Control multiple layers simultaneously.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Pendas
Effect Control multiple layers simultaneously.
on May 29, 2018 at 12:09:41 am

I'm using the Prolost Burns Animation Preset yo create a basic slideshow. Problem is, the slideshow is 3,452 layers. The default for this animation preset does not quite work for me, I need to tweak a couple of settings.

I can control the preset in the Effects Control pannel, but I'm wondering if there is a way to bulk tweak multiple layers at the same time.

For other effects, I can expand one layer while all the rest are selected and tweak parameters under the layer, and the changes propagate to all selected layers. However, this does not work, the parameter only changes on the layer I change it on.

Is there a way to make this work ?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Effect Control multiple layers simultaneously.
on Jun 1, 2018 at 10:56:56 pm

For changing separate attributes (like an effect setting) you have to multiple-select all the specific attributes of each layer you want to change. Normally this isn't feasible because you have to twirl open every layer's attribute to be able to shift-select it. But it can be done. Then change one of them and they will all change.
There are also a few scripts on aescripts.com that specialize in selecting layers or attributes. You have to make selection sets to set them up but after that you can control many with one.
You could also write a script or put some code on the layers you want to change. If its just a one-off this doesn't make efficient sense, but if you are going to be doing this a lot then it would.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]