FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to efficiently switch back and forth between 2 cameras?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Maric
How to efficiently switch back and forth between 2 cameras?
on May 28, 2018 at 4:59:42 am

I have a scene with multiple camera angles and I want to switch between them many times. Layers only have 1 in and 1 out point that I'm aware of so I don't know how to achieve this without adding a new layer each time I want to switch to a camera angle which would become very messy. How can I do this efficiently?

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: How to efficiently switch back and forth between 2 cameras?
on May 28, 2018 at 7:47:24 am

AE is a compositing / effect app.
Switching (multicam editing) is for an NLE. Switch to ANY nle and do that part of the work there.

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Dirk de Jong
on May 29, 2018 at 1:33:27 am

[Robert Maric] "I have a scene with multiple camera angles and I want to switch between them many times. ...I don't know how to achieve this without adding a new layer each time I want to switch to a camera angle which would become very messy. How can I do this efficiently?"

Hi, Robert - I actually created a script that generates a camera setup to deal with this issue. I just recorded a screencap with voiceover movie here to demonstrate it ; http://www.kingluma.com/camCutter.mp4

Robert, I'm interested to have someone else try it and give me any feedback they may have - so if you want to give it a try email me directly @ ; definitely.dirk(at)gmail.com - replace the (at) with @ - and let me know if you are on Mac or Windows so I can send you the right installer.

Return to posts index

Robert Maric
on May 29, 2018 at 2:16:42 pm

Whoa! This is amazing! Emailing you now!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]