FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make an AE tutorial?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Barker
How to make an AE tutorial?
on May 23, 2018 at 11:23:14 pm

I've thought about doing a tutorial on some of the techniques I've developed over the years. Years ago I tried to do a basic one, but it didn't go so smoothly and I a lot of time waiting for previews to render. I suspect there's a lot of pre-rendering, as well as other tricks that "tutorialers" have developed over the years that I'd love to know.

Anyone who's done a tutorial have any suggestions on how they prepare their workflow? It would be awesome if someone like Aharon or Andrew Kramer made a "tutorial on how to do a tutorial". And maybe they have, but google searches don't work with that combination, as it just pulls up random "how to use after effects" tutorials!

Television Producer
KTVF-11 Fairbanks, Alaska
video.ericbarker.com

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How to make an AE tutorial?
on May 24, 2018 at 3:53:48 pm

One trick to for the rendering/previews is to just edit all that out after you finish the video or put a big speed ramp on that part. People will get it. You can even mention it as you start your render..."okay, let's preview that and we'll just skip ahead"....

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: How to make an AE tutorial?
on Jun 2, 2018 at 12:27:04 pm

I write out my script first, then for the longest time I would read it out while simultaneously doing the screen recording.
However, for the latest tutorial ( Converting a 2D effect into 3D ), I recorded the audio first, then played it back when screen recording. It seemed like more work, but is was much easier editing in pauses, matching the actions to the script compared to editing out mistakes. I made a far fewer reading/speaking errors.

I had to do it this way because I only have access to Camtasia on my work PC, and this was my home PC, so I was limited to using PowerPoint’s new screen recorder, but I ended up with a much better result (at least I think so).

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films
http://shiveringcactus.wordpress.com/ - FX blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]