FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone know how to create animation like tire gripping ground. (Gif Inside)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
yuda pramudya
Anyone know how to create animation like tire gripping ground. (Gif Inside)
on May 23, 2018 at 9:36:45 pm

as i said in the tittle post
anyone know how to create animation like this in after effects ? i tried many ways and didn't get good result .

https://media.giphy.com/media/C9bokEgp6bjV0DSTrX/giphy.gif

thank you,

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Anyone know how to create animation like tire gripping ground. (Gif Inside)
on May 24, 2018 at 4:46:08 am

There's something not quite right about that magnified view. I think there are two parts to the tire element. The main circular tire passes behind the profile of the road (which is a black opaque element with a white edge line so the tire below the road surface is hidden). The second element is a profile of the road in blue that sits slightly higher than the white line profile. The blue profile is passed through the matte of the tire element so it only appears where the tire is and the tire edge comes along and "wipes it" away and reveals it. This gives the illusion that the tire is deforming.

Return to posts index

yuda pramudya
on May 24, 2018 at 8:38:51 am

hi, thx for reply sir.

thats makes sense, but still confused how it work. how hide the other things and can make tire deform following the ground.

whoaaaaaa

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on May 24, 2018 at 4:10:53 pm

The tire doesn't actually deform. See attached file.
Make a copy of your road shape (with all the little mountains). Make it blue instead of white. Now move it a little higher than the white line road.
Move your tire across the frame.
Make a copy of your tire or make a circle mask that matches the tire moving.
Put the copy of your tire on top of the blue road line in the layers in the time line.
On the blue line layer select alpha matte (in the blue line layer settings under TrkMat). The copy of the tire will turn itself off (the eyeball) and the blue line will be masked by the moving tire so it will only show up where the the tire is.
You may need a tire blocking layer as I've done here depending on how you do your stroked lines.

I've used stroke to make the lines here but you could use shape layers (with fewer layers too!). You can also have the wheel rotating if you want more detail on it and that won't affect this set up

12416_tiredeformer.aep.zip

Return to posts index

yuda pramudya
on May 24, 2018 at 4:22:35 pm

GEEZZZ....!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH SIR, YOU HELPING ME.

i dont get that logic before. YOU AWESOME !!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]