FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make a Geometric Triangular Spiral?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bert Coleto
How to make a Geometric Triangular Spiral?
on May 22, 2018 at 12:01:57 pm

I have a project that needs a "Spiral" type of energy, but instead of smooth spiral he wants it to be jagged (triangular and random), also this spiral needs to be constantly emitting from one end to the other end.

I tried using Plexus and Particular but I'm always having a problem with the jagged lines.

I hope someone can help me, this is my first time posting here in Creative Cow and I thank everybody in advance!

-Bert

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: How to make a Geometric Triangular Spiral?
on May 22, 2018 at 5:03:36 pm

Lol..trying all these advanced systems and particles...and you forgot to use the shape repeater. They are kind of new so i can forgive you for not knowing about them..but you can totally do a triangle spiral with them

Return to posts index

Bert Coleto
on May 22, 2018 at 10:09:19 pm
Last Edited By Bert Coleto on May 22, 2018 at 10:11:17 pm

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your response!

The thing is I would need this "Spiral" to react to a 3D Camera, I got 25 shots in total with different camera movements. Is there any way I can do that with a shape layer?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on May 23, 2018 at 8:12:32 am

If you have particular perhaps you also have 3D stroke - it has a feature not unlike the repeater in the shape layer but it also works in 3D (it has a positional offset for each iteration) and it has a random setting as well.

Return to posts index

Bert Coleto
on May 23, 2018 at 9:16:51 am

HI Steve! Thanks for the response!

I'll try 3d stroke and will update you soon ☺ Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Bert Coleto
on May 24, 2018 at 2:09:09 am

Hi Steve,

I have tried using 3D stroke, but can't really make a proper spiral out of it. :(

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on May 24, 2018 at 5:10:19 am

Here's a CS5.5 version in case you havent upgraded in a while. You will need trapcode for this to work. Modify and spin the camera as needed. In the newer version of the plug in you don't need to link the camera to the comp camera - it just assumes the comp camera is the one you want.

12414_aecs553dstroke.aep.zip

Return to posts index

Bert Coleto
on May 24, 2018 at 1:25:34 pm

Hey Steve!

Got your file, thank you so much!

What I'm looking for though is a single emitter Spiral ☹. But thank you so much for your help! :)

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on May 24, 2018 at 3:48:58 pm

So do you in fact want a helix? Here's another attempt. If you want triangular steps just adjust the points and or the steps in the 3D stroke plug in. This is the only way to make a helix in 3D stroke. There might be a helix plug in available and Element 3D from videocopilot will also allow true 3D helix to be made.

12415_aecs553dstrokehelix.aep.zip

Return to posts index

Bert Coleto
on May 25, 2018 at 1:07:44 pm

Thank you so much for your help Steve!

I actually tried using Particular and got all the movements I need except the jagged line, I tried what Dan Ebberts said on other thread on jagged wiggle (cause I use a light connected to a null) but still can't achieve what I want.

I appreciate all your help guys, thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on May 25, 2018 at 5:11:21 pm

Can you post a picture (or even a scribble) of what it should look like?
What about importing a 3D model? Element 3D can import models but so can a few other free AE plug ins.
I haven't tried this but you might be able to bring a 3D model into Pshop because it handles these now, and then import that file into AE. I'm not sure if AE will support Pshops 3D aspects yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]