FORUMS: list search recent posts

H.264 Codec is Lost

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Melisa Bala
H.264 Codec is Lost
on May 21, 2018 at 8:41:14 am

Hello,

I updated AE today and in the export settings, h.264 option is lost. It was the most suitable codec for me to have films to upload on Instagram, FB and etc.

When I try the H.264 codec on Media Encoder, the colors are different, more pastel. Also, I tried QT - Animation codec and still, reds lose their saturation. How should I have small sized but fast exports?

Best,
Melis

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: H.264 Codec is Lost
on May 21, 2018 at 8:59:38 am

to export H.264 you can either use AME or other 3rd party encoder or plugin.

AfterCodecs allows you to render x.264 (superior H.264 encoder) right from Ae, or you could use Handbrake which is a free software (export QT Animation, then use Handbrake).

as for the pastal look. try this: import the from AME file back to Ae, are the colors still wrong? this should be your test.

QT Animation should have produce a very accurate results (far better than a compressed codec like H.264) so can't really be sure what's wrong here.

and.... you can still use AE 2017 for exports if you insists. (you would have to save as - save copy as CC (14) to use a CC2018 Project)

Roei Tzoref
2D/VFX Generalist & Instructor
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫
http://www.tzoref.com

Return to posts index

Melisa Bala
on May 21, 2018 at 9:23:18 am

"as for the pastal look. try this: import the from AME file back to Ae, are the colors still wrong? this should be your test. "

When I import the exported file on AE, it looks more vibrant. What does that mean?

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on May 21, 2018 at 9:32:24 am

it means the file colors are fine, and the problem is in whatever platform you are watching it in (if the files are not changed, then it's your browser) and unless you can change the platform, there's nothing to be done from this point because the file is fine.

Roei Tzoref
2D/VFX Generalist & Instructor
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫
http://www.tzoref.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]