FORUMS: list search recent posts

After effects GPU accelleration

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Pedleham
After effects GPU accelleration
on May 20, 2018 at 6:04:21 pm

Im having a bit of an issue. I have and AMD 8 Core 4ghz processor with a GTX 1080 and 24gb ram and im having seriously slow previews in AE. Talking over 2 seconds to render a frame with some simple shape animations. I have hardware accelleration on as well as adaprive resolution and it doesnt seem to change anything. Has anyone got any ideas on what i might be doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: After effects GPU accelleration
on May 21, 2018 at 4:50:24 am

show a full screenshot of your Ae interface. are you using 3D? check you are not using the Ray-traced renderer

Roei Tzoref
2D/VFX Generalist & Instructor
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫
http://www.tzoref.com

Return to posts index

Jack Pedleham
on May 21, 2018 at 6:51:19 am

Hi, Im pretty certain im using classic renderer as i havent enabled raytraced and i dont have any 3d layers

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on May 21, 2018 at 7:10:40 am

I see nothing too complicated here but I thought you said shape as in shape layers. I see sequences and pixel layers. so what resolution are they? can you show a video capture of how the performance looks? I see you are working from the system drive, are the assets from there or some external device?

Roei Tzoref
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫

Return to posts index

Jack Pedleham
on May 21, 2018 at 7:18:11 am

Sorry yes they are pixel layers and they are 1920x1080 png sequences. I cant show a capture unfortunately as its an NDA project. Im working on my system drive which is an SSD and the files are all contained on the same drive.

Return to posts index

Jack Pedleham
on May 21, 2018 at 7:20:05 am

i have other project files that have the same issue that DO contain shape layers and it could just be that the animations behind the rigging takes a while to compute which make sense but this project in particular playing back a ram preview sometimes drops to as low as 4 fps

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on May 21, 2018 at 7:42:35 am

so you say rigging? are there expressions in there (which are in fact compute intensive)

hard to say but the safest bet in this case is to work with "cache before playback" checked on. this way you are caching first (which result it a kind of playback), then playing back at what should be a guarantee of real-time.

if you do find out what fixed it please share.

Roei Tzoref
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫

Return to posts index

Jack Pedleham
on May 21, 2018 at 7:53:37 am

Its odd for sure. I havent been an AE user for a few years and im finding all sorts of little things that are different. Cannot believe they removed multiprocessing. Thats BG render made useless haha.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]