FORUMS: list search recent posts

Back to back page flip - Orientation issues...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rej Al
Back to back page flip - Orientation issues...
on May 14, 2018 at 2:46:50 am

I am desperately looking for some help. Frustrating that I can not figure out a way to get the orientation of the backside of a page that is flip from right to left.

Can someone please explain how to use the CC Page Turn when you have two pages back to back, so that the back page won't appear as a Mirror image when flipping.

I am trying to animate the opening of a Gateway fold invitation card. The full open size of the Card is 3600px wide by 1800px height. So the Inside part is split in to 4 equal sizes 900x1800px (Inside01, Inside02, Inside 03 & Inside04). Then I have the front panel which is 1800x1800px. That is pre-composed to two panels 900x900px each (Front01 & Front02).

At frame 0 (time 0s) my card will be in the closed position. Inside01 and Inside04 will be sitting folded over top of Inside02 and Inside03. Then on top of that i also have Front 01 & Front 02 on top of Inside01 & Inside04.

Then I applied the CC Page Turn to Front01 to have it open from right to left. And I also applied "Inside01" as the source for "Front & Back Page", with the anticipation that when Front01 flips open, the back side will be "Inside01".

That's working, but one problem. The text on Inside01 appears like a mirror image.

There must be a simple fix to reverse the orientation. But for the life of me, I can get it. I tired rotating the Inside01 180degrees, parenting reversed duplicate to its back and all that but nothing seems to work!!!

Please help.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Back to back page flip - Orientation issues...
on May 14, 2018 at 4:17:47 am

The best way is to precompose your sources. A good rule of thumb with any warp effect as there can be distortions and squeezes you might not think of before hand. With a procomped source you can move scale or in your case flip the content so that when its viewed in the outer comp (with the distortion effect on), it looks correct.

Return to posts index

Rej Al
Re: Back to back page flip - Orientation issues...
on May 14, 2018 at 1:45:12 pm

Yes, I finally managed to get it working.... it was bit tricky for me to get the concept as this is first time ever that I was using AE. But nevertheless, the solution was to flip both front panel by -180 degree and then add it as the source to the Inside panel. And I think you are also suggesting the same and thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]