FORUMS: list search recent posts

360 video & E3D export problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ciaran o connor
360 video & E3D export problems
on May 10, 2018 at 10:50:34 am

Running Win 10, latest Nvidia drivers, E3D, AE v15.0.0, dual Xeon 3.1Ghz, 64Gb Ram, Titan X, SSDs for project, cache and OS.

I've been having some major problems with E3D and AE VR/Skybox (the one with the latest version of AE) failing to render with 8k stereo 360 footage where it's saying that "Image buffers of size 18432 x 13824 @ 32Bpc (3.8GB) exceed internal limits. Decrease the memory requirements for the rendering of this frame (12804)." And yes, I've tried lowering the RAM allocation in the preferences...

Basic workflow is -

1. Split the under/over stereo shot into 2 separate images (.png) at 8192 x 4096
2. Frame blend between both images to create a fake camera move (this is for the stereo process later on)
3. 3D camera solve using the VR controls as normal.
4. Add compositing smoke, fire and E3D models.
5. Use Oculus Rift to preview the final output comp - this is fine up to 50% quality (4096x2048), which will do.
6. Between the compositing comp and the final output, the VR process makes a 6 sided cube with special, hidden versions of the compositing comp. This is the problem for me as I keep getting the attached error message. However, when I don't use E3D, everything usually works fine.

I can preview a half res image, so 4096 x 2048 mono L (later, I'll change the AE cam to make another 4096 x 2048 mono R), which would give me 4096x4096. But but but, I can't even render a half res version, as I still keep getting that error message. I've tried rendering out each of the cube faces as PNGs, but they get replaced for comps. I've also tried scaling the faces down and make the cube comp smaller, but that doesn't work either.

Have you guys come up against this before? If so, how did you get through it and what should I be looking out for?
If I can't get it to work, I'll have to rebuild 8 separate projects from scratch at 4k x 4k, which I obviously don't want to have to do!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: 360 video & E3D export problems
on May 10, 2018 at 6:25:04 pm

Do you need to comp in 32 bit?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]