FORUMS: list search recent posts

Memorial Videos

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neeko Ferguson
Memorial Videos
on May 9, 2018 at 8:25:00 pm

Can someone point me in the right direction. I am wanting to learn how to create memorial videos. I will pay for the course. I just need to know where to look. I'm wanting to create something in these lines

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Memorial Videos
on May 10, 2018 at 2:17:50 am

I'm sorry, but I rather doubt you'll find a tutorial called, "How to make memorial videos". The term is much too vague.

It could be a simple slideshow with stills -- that's one technique.

It could be a compendium of videos. Another technique AND a different application.

It could be an animation where pics of a person grow out of the ends of an animated vine. That's a couple-three different techniques.

In all instances, none of these are for a beginner. I suspect the word "memorial" implies, "I need to get this done RIGHT NOW!" To save yourself needless grief, I recommend you hire it done. This is not the time to be attempting to learn a complicated piece of software on a deadline.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 10, 2018 at 2:20:29 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on May 10, 2018 at 2:35:18 am

I'm sorry, but I can't see the video. Even so, I rather doubt you'll find a tutorial called, "How to make memorial videos". The term is much too vague.

It could be a simple slideshow with stills -- that's one technique.

It could be a compendium of videos. Another technique AND a different application.

It could be an animation where pics of a person grow out of the ends of an animated vine. That's a couple-three different techniques.

In all instances, none of these are for a beginner... and I think you may be a beginner. I suspect the word "memorial" implies, "I need to get this done RIGHT NOW!" To save yourself needless grief, I recommend you hire it done. This is not the time to be attempting to learn a complicated piece of software on a deadline.

Learning how to use a video editing application like Premiere Pro is like learning to drive the family car. Learning After Effects -- even for seemingly-simple things -- is like learning to fly an F-22 Raptor on a combat mission.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on May 10, 2018 at 3:16:44 am

If you want, you can create something EXACTLY along those lines. That's an Envato template file. These AE generic projects are set up so that the look is established and all the animation is pretty much done for you. The only thing you have to do is substitute images and text to customize the composition for your specific need. There are lots of these types of templates on all sorts of sites. Not only do you get to do the project with minimal anguish but you get to learn how someone in the know has put the whole thing together.
A little bit of knowledge of AE lets you get the job done with these types of files, but with even more knowledge of AE and a desire to look under the hood it's a great way to expand your knowledge of AE techniques. Even for seasoned pros you can get stuck in a rut with how things get done and looking at other people's creation files can spark new methods of working with footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]