FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green flicker in RAM Preview and Renders.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hunter Wolfe
Green flicker in RAM Preview and Renders.
on May 6, 2018 at 10:10:07 am

So I've got this music video I recently started. I filmed some guitar and nature segments using my DJI Spark, a 1080p drone.When I went to import the footage, I found out that it was corrupted. So I said "Okay, no problem, I'll just grab the wireless backups from my phone." These backups don't have ANY green frames at all, yet in RAM Preview, with multiple videos, when scrubbing the timeline, and across 6 separate Renders, these annoying green frames are present for seemingly no reason.

My specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Intel Core i7-6700K @4.00ghz
32gb DDR4 RAM
GTX 970 4GB graphics card
AE version 15.1.1

The video isn't exactly special. It's your average normal no-fancy-red-camera-marvel-universe-bullshit *.mp4, so why isn't it cooperating?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Green flicker in RAM Preview and Renders.
on May 7, 2018 at 1:40:42 am

Sorry to say, but you may have hosed yourself because you didn't run tests to confirm that your plan was sound. It appears that you simply assumed everything would work.

I am sad to say that this is a dangerous assumption..

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Green flicker in RAM Preview and Renders.
on May 7, 2018 at 5:26:49 pm

Hey Hunter,
AE may be seeing the "made up" frames that are part of many Mp4 codecs. To cut down on size many of the codecs don't contain every frame but instead have frames that only contain the parts that have changed from the previous few frames. But AE needs to see every single frame in a discreet way.
Can you convert the mp4 outside of AE to something that is continuous (like an AVI or Quicktime).
Then bring that into AE and see if that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]