FORUMS: list search recent posts

Font issues in AFX/PRPRO .mogrt templates

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rose Draper
Font issues in AFX/PRPRO .mogrt templates
on May 4, 2018 at 5:45:40 am

HI there
I've been creating .mogrt templates (in AFX, for PrPro) and am slowly getting them functional *except* for font nightmares between machines/versions of font families etc.

is there a way i can trace the *exact* fonts i've used in AFX back through the finder to the actual font, so I know for sure which fonts to send to premiere team along with the .mogrt files?

have deleted many versions of the font, but doesn't seem to fix the issue. really need to be able to trace the font usage back thru the finder (like you can with footage/image, etc.)

how can i fix this?
is anyone else having issues with .mogrt creation and fonts across machines?
is there a fix for it?

thanks
Rose

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Font issues in AFX/PRPRO .mogrt templates
on May 4, 2018 at 1:17:31 pm

The update to AE 15.1.0 created problems in certain PostScript fonts.
The update to 15.1.1 fixed them but broke others.

I recommend reverting to the Creative Cloud update that came out BEFORE April.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rose Draper
on May 5, 2018 at 12:30:47 am

oh no! i didn't know that.

how does one revert?
and i also feel quite uneasy about how often adobe updates everything: i'm trying to work in a remote team between afx and premiere: should we all update, or all not update? at the moment it's automatic, but if i turn off syncing, doesn't that mean the libraries stop as well?

it's difficult to get the pipeline working seamlessless with updates every other day....
what to do?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 5, 2018 at 12:49:57 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on May 5, 2018 at 12:52:22 am

Well, this is why organizations check out Adobe updates on their known platforms BEFORE they allow the troops to update.

I can't tell you what to do, but I would advise to be VERY careful before all your partners update. Adobe doesn't guarantee that new updates will work on all systems as they're currently configured. They don't have time to check out all the permutations! This is why many people say an Adobe rental makes them unwitting participants in the Adobe Unpaid Beta Tester Program.

Personally, I stay one version behind. I'm on CC2017, the latest update. Not absoutely perfect -- I get freezes & crashes -- but it works. Mostly. And I avoid the agony involved staying absolutely up to date.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Rose Draper
on May 5, 2018 at 1:08:51 am

hmm yes
i've always been standalone (unless freelancing inside a network, where it's taken care of) until recently, with a team of freelancers, where we have a couple of editors moving to adobe from FCP.

so, no choice of update versions at the moment: have to match with them. hopefully there wont' be too many bugs: we're slowly getting it all working between operators.

and yes, i *hate* the mandatory version changes that come with CC subscriptions.
we're all trapped now though aren't we....

i'll see if there is a way we can just freeze app updates, so we stay on what we're on now without updating... (can't remember if it's manual or automatic)
sigh

thanks Dave

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 6, 2018 at 10:13:50 pm

Well, they're not mandatory updates. Adobe can't hold a gun to your head and order you to update. You have a choice. I choose to stay a version behind.

Oh, and there's more cheery news about the latest update for your FCP buddies -- Adobe dropped support of many older, but still widely-used Quicktime codecs. You can read Photo JPEG but you can't write to it, for example.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]