FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speed up/down along a mask path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duane Garnett
Speed up/down along a mask path
on May 2, 2018 at 12:51:44 pm

Hi all,

So i got this project, it has 2 binary stars that will come into screen slowly, then start to orbit eachother and eventually collide... thing is, if I mask the path, the animation will be at the same speed throughout. Thats when i copy the mask shape and paste it to the position of the star.

My question is, is there an expression or a way to control the speed of the stars along a mask path? Or is it a matter of adjusting keyframes? because that is rather time consuming.

TIA

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Speed up/down along a mask path
on May 2, 2018 at 8:03:31 pm

Usually is by pre-composing and enabling time remap. But it will be almost the same as creating keyframes at times and giving them influence. Its easier because with time remmap you can just say "I want the two-second mark's position now" by creating a keyframe and typing 02;00.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Speed up/down along a mask path
on May 2, 2018 at 8:32:21 pm

Precomposing as Cassius mentions is a great option.

I also sometimes use an expression to give me progress along the motion path. Add a Slider Control effect to your layer, and rename it "Progress". Then Alt+click the stopwatch and paste the following expression:

valueAtTime(linear(effect("Progress")("Slider"), 0, 100, key(1).time, key(numKeys).time));

That gives you a single slider representing the completion percentage across the motion path that you can animate and ease from 0 to 100.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]