FORUMS: list search recent posts

EXPRESSION QUESTION - "thisMask"? A way to reference a mask on the layer the expression is on?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Christian
EXPRESSION QUESTION - "thisMask"? A way to reference a mask on the layer the expression is on?
on Apr 27, 2018 at 5:37:56 pm

Hey guys!

Newbie here, so bear with me. I'm using the following expression:

if(mask("Mask 19").maskOpacity==0)thisComp.layer("FakeSolid").mask("Mask 1").maskPath else mask("Mask 19").maskPath

For a LARGE number of masks (around 70). The expression is working great, but after pasting the expression on the next mask (i.e. mask 20) I have to go in and manually change the name of the mask from "Mask 19" to "Mask 20".

Wondering if there's a way to have it reference itself instead of the name of a mask? Something like "thisMask"?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: EXPRESSION QUESTION - "thisMask"? A way to reference a mask on the layer the expression is on?
on Apr 29, 2018 at 7:25:19 am

New territory for me, but possibly like this. The first line returns the name of the parent of the property, which should be the name of the mask. The second line returns the mask with the same name from either this layer or the "FakeSolid" layer depending on whether the mask opacity is zero or not.

p = thisProperty.propertyGroup(1).name;
if(mask(p).maskOpacity==0)thisComp.layer("FakeSolid").mask(p).maskPath else value

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]