FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making a rotating globe graphics resolution problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
denisa costin
Making a rotating globe graphics resolution problem
on Apr 24, 2018 at 4:29:45 pm

Hei guys!

I am creating a rotation globe which I need to zoom in the european countries. Easy peasy lemon squeazy, it shouldn;t be that hard. Get the world map (AI file, about 3000x3000) imported it in AE, make comp, put a solid behind ( add grid) then bring this in a new comp add the CC Sphere to it and voila, my globe is done and ready! However, when I try to zoom in the image is blurry. Rasterised everything, checked the AI file dosen of times and still doesnt work, made the comps bigger about 3000x3000, except the main comp, the image on the globe is still blurry when I try to zoom in. Any ideas or suggestions how I can try to get around this? Am I missing something ?

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Making a rotating globe graphics resolution problem
on Apr 24, 2018 at 6:23:06 pm

cc sphere won't maintain the vector image... it will rasterize it, so as you zoom in it will get pixelated.

you can try making the map comp even larger -- you don't need to make the vector map larger, since you should be able to enable continuously rasterize for that layer, just make the comp 6000x6000 and scale the vector map to fit and see if that helps the pixelating issue with cc sphere.

there will likely be a limit to how large of a layer cc sphere can handle, but you should be able to increase the size of the map comp until you hit that limit.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

denisa costin
on Apr 24, 2018 at 8:30:02 pm

Thanks Kevin! I will give that a go

Return to posts index

denisa costin
on Apr 25, 2018 at 8:30:09 am

I tried, while it does look a bit better my grids on the globe are starting to disappear

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]